Monday, October 12, 2009

The "Last" Menagerie

When i first started reading this play in the first scene i stubled across the phrase Amanda was saying "We had to send some "nigger" over to bring in folding chairs from the parish house." I thought to myself, "I dont even want to read the play now. It had almost got to my spirit and then i realized this was way back and they were using the term "Nigger" which was very downgrading and offensive. But i looked over it and i kept on reading and i got interested in what i was reading. The play was going so well and then for some reason i looked to see when it was ever going to end. There were at least 8 more pages to go. I was like man, my freaking eyeballs are going to fall out, since i dont like reading that much anyway. I had to go bit by bit but i got through it. I dont ever want to do that again. Thats why im calling it The "Last" Menagerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment