Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Job

I work for my step fathers daycare. The name of it is Healing Hands Christian Academy. It's located in Frayser. My mom is the director. I am a bus monitor. My job seems easy but really its not. I am to record the time a child gets on and off the bus, make sure no children are left behind on the bus, remind the driver if (s)he forgets what route we are on, and being that drivers second eyes.. I also am responsible for every child being buckled up, and help smaller children on and off the bus to keep from falling down the doorsteps. Last but not least keep the bus cleaned and the seats sanitized. Being a bus monitor is just as important as being a teacher on the inside. I like my job and i take my job serious. I am now being offered a promotion as lead teacher in the infant/toddler room. Only i would have to take night classes here at the University instead of Morning classes. Im still thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. That's really interesting. I didn't know there was even a job like that, but I'm glad that there is. There have been so many cases in the last few years about children being left on daycare buses - so scary!

    I took night classes sometimes when I was an undergrad. It's challenging, but in many ways the students are more serious because most of them have full-time jobs and really understand what it is they're in school for. Congrats on the possible promotion! I totally couldn't be a toddler teacher - my daughter produces enough mucous for me, I don't think I could handle that much snot (etc. etc.)! ;-)

    ReplyDelete